Mormons intentionally cultivate their online presence. They use online visibility tactics like SEO because they understand three things:
1. How search engines like Google decide which content to point people to first.
2. How to cater to these rules.
3. How important this information is for evangelism.
They take this information and do two things:
1. They document how to do SEO so every LDS-affiliated site can adhere to these ranking fundamentals.
2. They use competitor analysis to displace anti-church websites and control their public image.
Dubious of my facts? Try Googling terms like “Jesus,” “Bible,” or even “Who is Jesus?” Though search results differ, you’re likely to see a Mormon web property near the top of the search results.